Terms, Conditions & Privacy
We endeavour to ship your order within 24 hours and you will be notified by email that the goods have been shipped with a tracking number.
In the rare case that your ordered item is not in stock you will be contacted with alternatives (if possible) and the option of a full refund. Upon request, you can be notified when and item is back in stock. If you are in urgent need of a particular item please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org and we can advise on availability.
All gold items may take up to 14-28 working days to be manufactured and delivered back into our warehouse. You will be notified if your custom piece has to be manufactured, and depending on the price may be asked to confirm the order as no returns will be accepted for custom products.
Tax Charges: All prices listed on our website are in Australian dollars and include the applicable rate of GST. All international orders are GST free. Orders from within Australia with incur the GST tax and the breakdown of this will be displayed on the final checkout page. (GST Tax is subject to change)
PierceOff is not responsible for any import, customs duties and/or taxes for international orders, nor are we responsible for the failure of customs to clear the order.
Sale and Clearance Items: Any sale or clearance items are whilst stocks last unless otherwise indicated.
Returns Policy: Due to the nature of the products, we cannot exchange or refund purchased products if you have changed your mind. We do accept the return of faulty goods for credit or replacement. You must contact us within 5 working days of receiving your order to advise us if you have received faulty goods. We will either offer a replacement, full refund, credit or substitution at our discretion.
Please note that original shipping costs will only be refunded in extenuating circumstances.
Methods of Payment: All orders are pre-paid. We accept credit card, debit card or Paypal.
We accept the following Credit Cards: Visa, MasterCard and Debit Card. (No American Express/AMEX) We require the cardholder’s name, address, the credit card number, expiry date and the CCV (the last 3 digits of the number on the signature strip of your credit card).
Please note that our online checkout is secure and that we do not store your credit card number.
Although great care has been taken in compiling and checking the information contained on this site Pierceoff disclaims any and all liability from error, omissions or inaccuracies whether attributable to inadvertence or otherwise, and from any consequences arising there from. All information contained herein is based on the present state of knowledge. Pierceoff reserve the right to adjust technical specification on notification by Manufacturers without prior notification. E&OE
Pierceoff Points Rewards Program:
Pierceoff Points are not redeemable for cash. If Pierceoff Points are not used within 730 days from the date of the order that they were accrued on, they will expire. Minimum amount to redeem is $1, maximum redeem amount at once is $10 and Pierceoff Points must be redeemed in whole dollars. Pierceoff Points are accrued based on the total of the order minus any shipping costs and after any discounts have been applied.
This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that pierceoff.com.au does not own or control, or to people that pierceoff.com.au does not employ or manage.
Information We Collect
Pierceoff.com.au collects personal information when you voluntarily provide such information, such as when you place an order on pierceoff.com.au, or register for a pierceoff.com.au account or register for the newsletter. Information we collect may include but not be limited to username, email address, and any messages or other content you send via the contact us page.
Information you supply when placing an order will only be used in fullfillment of that order. For your convenience, we store this information for future potential orders. This information is only accessible using your password that you set when registering for the first time.
If you choose to register to our newsletter, you will receive email messages from pierceoff.com.au only.
Data We Collect Automatically: When you interact with us through the website, we receive and store certain information such as an IP address, device ID, and your activities within the website. This is for traffic reporting purposes and is standard practise. We may store such information or such information may be included in databases owned and maintained by affiliates, agents or service providers. The webiste may use such information and pool it with other information to track, for example, the total number of visitors to our webite, as well as the sites which refer visitors to Pierceoff.
Aggregated Information: In an ongoing effort to better understand and serve the users of the webite, we may conduct research on our customer demographics, interests and behavior based on the information collected. This research may be compiled and analyzed on an aggregate basis, and we may share this aggregate data with our affiliates, agents and business partners. We may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe our services to current and prospective business partners, and to other third parties for other lawful purposes
We may use third party web site analytic tools such as Google Analytics on our website that employ cookies to collect certain information concerning your use of our website. However, you can disable cookies by changing your browser settings. Further information about the procedure to follow in order to disable cookies can be found on your Internet browser provider's website via your help screen.
Advertisements: You may see our website advertised on other websites. Advertising platforms, which include Instagram and Facebook (and whose SDKs are integrated within our Service), may collect information for optimizing advertising campaigns outside of the website.
Where Information Is Processed
The Company is based in Australia. No matter where you are located, you consent to the processing and transferring of your information in and to Australia and other countries. The laws of Australia and other countries governing data collection and use may not be as comprehensive or protective as the laws of the country where you live.
Pierceoff's Use of Your Information
Our Legal Bases For Handling of Your Personal Data
The laws in some jurisdictions require companies to tell you about the legal ground they rely on to use or disclose your personal data. To the extent those laws apply, our legal grounds are as follows:
- To honor our contractual commitments to you: Much of our processing of personal data is to meet our contractual obligations to our users, or to take steps at users’ request in anticipation of entering into a contract with them. For example, we handle personal data on this basis to create your account and provide our Services.
- Legitimate interests: In many cases, we handle personal data on the ground that it furthers our legitimate interests in ways that are not overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the affected individuals: This includes:
- Providing a safe and enjoyable user experience;
- Customer service;
- Marketing, e.g. sending emails or other communications to let you know about new features;
- Protecting our users, personnel, and property;
- Analyzing and improving our business, e.g. collecting information about how you use our wesbsite to optimize the design and placement of certain features;
- Processing job applications;
- Managing legal issues.
- Legal compliance: We need to use and disclose personal data in certain ways to comply with our legal obligations.
- Consent: Where required by law, and in some other cases, we handle personal data on the basis of your implied or express consent.
Our Disclosure of Your Information
Pierceoff will not sell or rent your personal information to anyone. We consider this information to be a vital part of our relationship with you. There are, however, certain circumstances in which we may share your information with certain third parties, as set forth below:
- Business Transfers: As we develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, bankruptcy, dissolution or similar event, your information may be part of the transferred assets.
- Consent: We may transfer your information with your consent.
- Affiliated Businesses: We work closely with our affiliated businesses that we do not control. In other cases, we operate stores, provide services, or sell product lines jointly with these businesses. You can tell when another business is involved in your transactions, and we share customer information related to those transactions with that business.
- Developers: Developers using our SDK or API will have access to their end users’ information, including message content, message metadata, and voice metadata. Developers must use such information only to provide the SDK/API functionality within their applications and/or services.
- Agents, Consultants and Related Third Parties: Like many businesses, we sometimes hire other companies or individuals to perform certain business-related functions. Examples of such functions include mailing information, maintaining databases and processing payments.
- Legal Requirements: We may disclose your information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation, (ii) protect and defend the rights or property of the Company or Related Companies, (iii) protect the personal safety of users of the website or the public, or (iv) protect against legal liability.
- Aggregated or Non-identifiable Data: We may also share aggregated or non-personally identifiable information with our partners or others for business purposes.
You may provide us with ideas for new products or modifications to existing products, and other unsolicited submissions (collectively, “Unsolicited Information”). All Unsolicited Information shall be deemed to be non-confidential and we shall be free to reproduce, use, disclose, and distribute such Unsolicited Information to others without limitation or attribution.
Links to Other Websites
We generally retain personal data for so long as it may be relevant to the purposes identified herein. To dispose of personal data, we may anonymize it, delete it or take other appropriate steps. Data may persist in copies made for backup and business continuity purposes for additional time.
We take reasonable steps to protect the information provided via the website from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no Internet or email transmission is ever fully secure or error free. In particular, email sent to or from the website may not be secure. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us via email. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any information via the Internet.
Pierceoff does not sell products for purchase by children. If you are under 18, you may use Pierceoff.com.au only with involvement of a parent or guardian. If you are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of 13 and believe he or she has disclosed personal information to us please contact us at email@example.com. For residents of the EEA, where processing of personal information is based on consent, Pierceoff will not knowingly engage in that processing for users under the age of consent established by applicable data protection law. If we learn that we are engaged in that processing with such users, we will halt such processing and will take reasonable measures to promptly remove applicable information from our records.
Your Data Rights and Choices
We believe that users should be treated equally no matter where they are, and so we are making the following options to control your data available to all users, regardless of their location.You can update certain information by accessing your account. You can also unsubscribe from certain emails by clicking the “unsubscribe” link they contain. Individuals outside Australia have certain legal rights to obtain confirmation of whether we hold personal data about them, to access personal data we hold about them (including, in some cases, in portable form), and to obtain its correction, update, amendment or deletion in appropriate circumstances. They may also object to our uses or disclosures of personal data, to request a restriction on its processing, or withdraw any consent, though such actions typically will not have retroactive effect. They also will not affect our ability to continue processing data in lawful ways.
- How can I access the personal data you have about me?
If you would like to submit a data access request, you can do so via the contact us page. We will then start the process and provide you the personal data that Pierceoff has on you within 30 days.
- How do I correct, update, amend, or delete the personal data you have about me?
In addition to the functionality available through the account area on our website in which you can correct, update, amend, or delete certain personal data, you can also request other modifications from us directly. Please write us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the words “Personal Data Request” in the subject or body of your message, along with an explanation of what data subject right you are seeking to exercise. For your protection, we may take steps to verify identity before responding to your request.
- How do I object or restrict the manner in which Pierceoff processes my personal data?
You have a right to ask us to stop using or limit our use of your personal data in certain circumstances—for example, if we have no lawful basis to keep using your data, or if you think your personal data is inaccurate. Pierceoff offers you the ability to restrict the processing of your data for specific uses, which you can find in the account page. Individuals in the European Economic Area have the right to opt out of all of our processing of their personal data for direct marketing purposes. To exercise this right, click the “unsubscribe” link in any of our marketing emails. The rights and options described above are subject to limitations and exceptions under applicable law. In addition to those rights, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority. However, we encourage you to contact us first, and we will do our very best to resolve your concern.